<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 24, 2003

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Douglas Adams

We have Tamil's body, he is dead, and Valeska doesn't really like me any more.

We traveled in two groups to meet at the dwarven keep. Yanni, Valeska, Mahntar, and Faroxhxj were going to teleport out there at dusk tomorrow to start the negotiation. The rest of us are going to leave in the morning using Phantom Steeds that Yanni will provide. Judas is going to show us the way and he did just in a different way then I thought he would.

The negotiations started and things seemed to go well. Except, once Mahntar got Tamil's body and they got a bag full of money. Yanni yelled out "TRAP!!" and proceeded to run away like a dog outta hell. Mahntar followed in the same direction. This drider thing chased after Mahntar. Valeska and Faroxhxj seemed to not flee immediately but were poised for action. I ran closer while they were all distracted undecided if things had gone bad. I heard a thump off the direction that Yanni ran and then he ran back to Mahntar since he had dropped Tamil's body and was poised in a defensive stance with the drider. Things get a little confusing as there are over a dozen other people moving and plenty of noise. I decided twelve, maybe more, people watching 4 of my friends, all armed with some sort of weapon, wasn't good odds so I decided not to be violent but provide a sort of cover for them since the exchange had occurred. I am not sure what happened inside my solid fog in the middle of things but I could still see Mahntar and Yanni. Mahntar was fending what appeared to be attacks from the drider since it was pouncing in near them and backing off. The other drow/orc group was backing away from the cloud which I eventually saw a short dwarf run through with a large pouch and I could only assume Valeska and Faroxhxj would do the same or exit some other way. I waited and slowly moved along the hill towards our temporary camp watching as best I could.

Mahntar and Yanni moved off with Tamil's body together. The drider backed off and it appeared the trap or whatever it was failed or they were letting us go or something. Suddenly, Yanni stopped. Mahntar was suddenly off to the side and a goblin guy was near Yanni. Tamil's body was gone and Yanni swan dived into the ground. I decided too many odd things were happening and quickly, or maybe irrationally, cast dispel magic in all of the area. Nothing happened. I immediately ran down to the scene to investigate what the hell happened. Faroxhxj, Judas, and Valeska got there at the same time. Faroxhxj did that moat thing, again.

We soon discovered a goblin wizard was here from Bama's Peak Plunderers. He was soon joined by two of his large hobgoblin friends. Turns out there was a spell called Bottomless Pit cast where Yanni had jumped in and we think my dispel magic cancelled it. Thus putting them into some weird extra dimensional hole. What da fuck?! I began talking with a larger hobgoblin that came forward after a discussion began. They seemed somewhat friendly but I took an aggressive stance, not to mention I was mad. Turns out they are kind of looking for something new to do and were wondering if they help us if we can maybe help out them with getting a new contract. After some discussion I mention the keep to the south. They seemed to like the idea of isolation and money so I wanted to talk it over with my companions to see what sort of opinions they had not to mention we hadn't talked about what happened, yet.

Now, we were all together (maybe not all in the same dimension). Valeska and I had a heated discussion. She wasn't to pleased with the way things went at the negotiations and she thought I shouldn't have sneaked forward and went on about things getting messed up at the negotiations. I told her since I was getting mad that I didn't completely trust her negotiation skills nor did I want to put my trust in someone who doesn't like Tamil nor ever wanted to save him in the first place. I think that made her pretty mad, which it should have. Then we started talking about the deal and how to pay for it and why trust these guys (not nearly as heated). I thought the money was nothing to worry about. We've made money before what's to stop us from making more. Eventually, our conversation ended not on any sort of good note. I told her what I felt. I am not leaving this spot without Yanni, Mahntar, and Tamil and she can do whatever she wants. There was a pause. She left. I wrote up a deal with Plunder's and they agreed to help us. The goblin wizard recast the bottomless pit the next day and Judas said he would be able to communicate with Yanni once the pit was open. I did little to help but threw down a couple light spells in the hopes it would be some sort of weak beacon. After what felt like ages, Yanni shot out of the hole with Mahntar and Tamil!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?