<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 10, 2003

I am horribly depressed. It seems things recently have gone up to high levels of hope and then back down to sewage level stink. Let me recant the way things went.

Valeska managed to get meet with her contact and he was willing to meet our group to tell us more but wanted to size us up as he wanted something in return. God, what the hell was his name, Willard or something, Willart, thats it. So it was arranged for tonight at 7 pm. I had many things on my list of to do so we split up to do our things. I agreed to meet with Valeska later to ask Mahntar and Fatoxhxj to see if they will join us with the usually share and to also fill them in and have them come to the meeting. At some point Judas showed up don't really recall when but he tends to do that and he agreed to show up at the meeting also.

At any rate, I immediately ran off to talk with Menlan and pay him back not to mention get back my necklace. Menlan can talk and boy was it difficult to leave a good conversation especially when it involves me but somehow I managed. We arranged to meet in 2 weeks to further discuss the topic. I then approached some of the magical sellers I know and arranged to get the spell Yanni wanted and also to get a few that I had been itching to have for some time but just never had the time. Granted now that I have the scrolls I still need to get them copied into my book but they could prove useful in dire need so I kept them handy.

I met up with Valeska and we talked it over with Mahntar and Faroxhxj and they agreed to join. Mahntar was not keen on the teleport attack idea, however. I have pretty much given up on the idea after most of my friends thought it was insane. Which maybe it was but you need to do desperate things in desperate times.

Nitly and Silgen were going to check around and see what they can find out about the Black Armored group and chum up with some of their buddies from the other protection guilds to see what they can find out about what happened. Now that I recall asking them about looking into it, I don't recall them saying they found out much. Might have to ask about that again.

Yanni decided to play it safe and make himself a nice teleport scroll in case we need to do it the hard way but he made it to the dinner. For some odd reason, someone reminded me that Weigore was once a ranger in these parts awhile back and he might know something about abadoned buildings and stuff that could lead us to where Tamil is. Sure enough, he had a few ideas and I asked if he would be willing to help us out if needed. He seemed a little surprised by that but agreed and I told him we would get a hold of him if needed. Weigore is my best worker and I consider him a close friend to whom I have trusted in many difficult times. He has not yet failed me. I should without a doubt give him a raise and ask him to travel with me the next time I go somewhere. Actually, I think that was when Judas showed up.

That evening the dinner. Willart showed up and Valeska brought out some fine silverware for me to use. I guess it helps out with my manners or something. She was pretty excited about be able to use it. I should look at these closer while I eat. He gave us loads of information some of which should be useful. He also told us about this thing called the Fox and Hound. Apparently, some of the higher important people sometimes let loose a Fox (a would be criminal) given a chance to make a run for it. And shortly afterwards, the hounds are let loose. 3 or 4 individuals usually bountyhunters or adventurers to track down the Fox. If the fox makes it for x amount of time or finishes off the Hounds he is pardoned or something to that effect. I guess the contact wants a little help on deciding if the fox makes it or not. I had no problem with this and neither did anyone else. So at some point from now we are going to be "helping" the fox or at least I think it was the fox...

Huban left 4 days ago with his sorcercer who he hired 18 months ago. Know for his Stinking Cloud. From now on I will call this guy Stinky for short.
Huban's former adventurers left shortly after him out a different gate. A rogue, cleric (Luck), and fighter. They met up with Huban shortly afterwards. They caught up with a caravan that left 3 days prior heading supposedly to Shan Tin after a few stops. Huban owns 5 other properties in town. Nobody owns any outside of town but they might be squatting. Huban might also own property in Shan Tin and he gave us the address. He knows about the mercenaries called "Bama's Peak Plunderers" They are the black armored orcs. Large barbarian group. Very loyal, disciplined, and dangerous. They come to town very rarely. Once 3 weeks ago and again a couple days ago. They are composed of approximately 12 orcs, 6 hobgoblins and 4 goblins who are also cleric/shamans or sorcercers or maybe rogues. I asked about the Torture guilds being involved with Tamil and he said they checked out clean. Something odd happened to Silgen during the dinner as he seemed to be trying to be rude but somehow managed to keep his manners he also seemed concentrated on something else very intently. Odd. Willard didn't know much more. We talked about what to do next. We decided we needed to check out the two sites that Weigore mentioned as they are the only solid lead we have so far. The old Dwarven hold seemed the most logical and closer. Judas said he could do it and get back to us by later the next day. Judas seems very committed to helping so we all agreed. Oddly, I felt a little uncomfortable with how involved Judas seems. Perhaps he owes Tamil a big favor or something. Well he has always been helpful so why not when I need help the most. I need thank Valeska for helping as much as she has. It seems we wouldn't have gotten this far without her.

The next day Judas went on his journey and would return as soon as possible. Valeska approached me early in the day. She had an idea. I thought it was a good one. Augury. Something I know little if anything about but apparently she can commune with her god and ask specific questions and she will get an answer that is either positive or negative or both or none at all. I was beginning to feel a apprehensive on not finding Tamil yet so I agreed. She quickly discovered that Tamil was at the Dwarven Hold. She also if we left right now to rescue Tamil we could be successful but it could go the other way. I looked at Yanni and Yanni nodded and we prepared to teleport to save Tamil!!! Silgen managed to convince us or more so volunteered to join us. I was a little reluctant but I quickly remembered the last time I encountered Drow and accepted his help. Valeska added a few buffs and we went invisible and bam! I realized once we were in the room we thought Tamil was suppose to be in that it was not a good idea to be here. It was pitch black, nothing, no light, and nobody was on the table. Yanni couldn't even see with his Darkvision. The room was small and I swear I heard something whiz by my ear. Shit. This was a trap and we fell in head first. I didn't want to leave though I had to be sure. I approached the door and sure enough it was barred and some sort of ruckus was going on outside. I think Silgen stabbed someone and I was about to blast the door into little tiny wood pieces when Yanni of all people wisely suggested we leave. It was hopeless. I knew the second Yanni suggested it. I grabbed Silgen and Boom! Fire filled the room. Somehow I don't know how I didn't get burnt but right after that Yanni really wanted to go. Bam! Teleport out. Holy shit that was lame. I think it might have been a good idea to scry for Tamil before we left to get te right location. I didn't realize how sensitive gods can be with words. It must be one of the reasons I don't pray much.

Well, that brings me up to speed. Before Judas came back I figured I would take the time to do a little foot work for Yanni. Hmm.. I think he owes me. I managed to find out a Transmuter guild so he will be happy about that. I also after some searching found a possible sage that knows a lot about Dragons and other powerful creatures but apparently is a bit on the odd side of things. Sharon. Lives in the Sticky Tower.

Judas came back and realized I am sure what we tried and I informed him of our attempt. Why the hell didn't we try that as soon as we saw him the first time! God, it would have went so much better. The dwarven hold is the target. A well defendable fort wall and towers. A large court yard and double doors leading into who knows what, with Tamil who knows where. I have caved in. I give up the violent route. Valeska who I still owe a thank you and probably a really nice dinner and if she would let me a really hot... er.... anyways. Valeska thought of trying to negotiate. Or maybe someone else thought of that. At any rate we decided to try to negotiate/bribe them into giving us Tamil. Maybe, if it comes down to it, getting some sort of mercy kill bargain. I guess since we have something of Tamil. His leg. We can bring him back. Of course, Tamil's leftover goodies are paying for the endeavor so Yanni and Valeska are going to teleport out there white flag and all and hope for the best. I don't know. We will see how things pan out. Meanwhile, I think a drink is on my list.






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?