Monday, September 22, 2003
After catching up with Yanni, we made plans to get him cured of his ailment along with Sir Jorilil in the morning. Of note, Sir Jorlil happens to be insane but claims this necklace made of ears possibly human ears prevents him from going totally nuts on us. So it was decided he needed to be cured of that also.
While we were making plans, Judas, Mahntar, and Kurt showed up. Judas appeared to be doing a little bit better but was still unable to talk. Kurt explained they are interested in finding Tamil but he is also worried about talking to the Summoner. It turns out Judas kind of knows something about the Summoner. I guess Judas and the Summoner work for the same person. He said that the Summoner is leaving soon and if we want to talk to him we need to leave in the morning.
Mahntar was especially worried about his friend Fatoxhxj and asked rather bluntly about him. Yanni explained what happened and Mahntar seemed to accept the situation, however it was decided that Yanni use his scrying ability to find out anything on the condition of Fatoxhxj, Valeska, and also on Tamil. He came back explaining he could see nothing on either Fatoxhxj or Valeska. He did see Tamil being tortured by a priestly looking Drow female in a dungeon type setting. It appears that Tamil is slowly being killed and then brought back with healing and potions. Tamil somehow got into a very nasty situation. We may have time to save him before he really dies. I suspect Huban Weigan is behind all of this and we need to find out what we can immediately and get down to business if we want to save Tamil before he goes insane. Two pressing matters.
We decided to split into two groups. Yanni and the others would head out to the Summoner and I would work the town tomorrow for information on Huban Weigan. Kurt said he had some men he knows that should be able to help me. Sounded like a good idea since I might be on my own for a couple days.
Yanni and the others left the next day shortly after getting their ailments cured, thank the heavens! Now I can cleanse my sheets and the books that Jorlil slept on. No way do I want mummy rot! Yanni used a nifty spell called Phantom Steed to create very fast horses that need no food or water. We had used them before and they travel a great distance in a short time. I think they will be back quickly using those steeds and this is a great comfort to me since I think Tamil's time is running out although Savuud could be in the same situation. Who knows maybe Valeska is also. Bah! Too many things to worry about...
I met my two cohorts Silgen Blodg and Nitly Pleq. Silgen is the biggest looking brute I have seen in some time! He is massive, I mean huge but he has a very big sword so he might be making up for something?! And Nitly is an elf and appears to be something like a rogue. Might have to keep a sharp eye on him. We talked and got to know each other a bit. More about me then them. I might have told them a little too much but in this situation I have to trust Kurt would send people he trusts. I gave them the scoop on Tamil and they seem to be interested in helping so we went to work. It appears I have the skills to get information without threats, fists, or backstabbing so they were going to watch and hopefully learn a little. ack! I nearly forgot about the way I look. Most of my contacts won't even know who I am. So I had to basically disguise my self as Findel, I should probably fix that. No time now.
I managed to find out a lot about our friend. He appears to have become a little more paranoid since his death and that is making things more complicated. But I think we should be able to pull it off. Huban appears to have been some sort of adventurer and traveled to the UnderDark. He managed to make a few "friends" while he was there and now has some sort of connection with the Drow. This is bad news. He does go out but only on occasion and always with body guards. He goes to a couple gambling halls and frequents "The Pristine Swan" for food. I also managed to find out where his estate is located in Zhind. It appears that Silgen quickly became disinterested in my great skill of information gathering and managed to learn a little about drinking and a lot about drunk. Of all the places he ends up drinking at "the Flaming Faggot"?! To my surprise it doesn't seem to be very friendly towards women? Regardless, I shared my information with the others and gave them each 4pp to see what they can find out from their contacts.
We have a couple good ideas brewing. Silgen might be able to pose as a good body guard and get an inside track into the building complex. Nitly claims to be good at infiltration so we might if pressed go that route since the other one might take time to develop which we are short on.
Yanni returned to my lab using Teleport. Hmm.. Maybe that was a mistake letting him come to my lab... Ah well to late now. I guess the Summoner is leaving tonight to the place that Savuud is at! The others minus Judas are going to try to save him. Apparently the Plane of Fog is where he is at. Ravenloft. I don't know much about it but everything I do know is not good. One of the guys at the Summoner's place said they have to kill the leader/bad guy to get free of the plane. I guess Yanni isn't going since he can't teleport back. Hopefully, the others will make it back but I think it will not be at al easy. Good luck friends.
Yanni successfully used his crystal ball to see Fatoxhxj! Apparently, he is in big trouble! He was running on a beach in some tropical looking place and being chased by some sort of mutant humans?! Where the hell is he? We quickly decided we needed to try and save him but we have no way of getting there. I ran through my list of people I know from my guild and decided to approach Menlan. Since he is the best at transportation and someone I can trust somewhat. He won't be happy with me barging in but Yanni and I need to save Fatoxhxj if we want to know where Valeska is. It appears the map that Fatoxhxj gave Yanni is some sort of magical item. It appears to be some sort of crude drawing of a campsite but words appeared on it "Come soon to save us" our time was running out. We ran to Menlan and I explained my appearance and the situation and he agreed to help us. I had to lend him my necklace as a down payment on the scrolls for teleportation. The distance apparently is very great. How the hell did they get so far away!! ewh... What would I give for a normal life maybe some day....
So we popped into the campsite to discover Valeska and Fatoxhxj fighting off a large gaggle of monster looking humans. There was a moat around the campsite and something had fallen over the moat that was invisible and Fatoxhxj was holding them off. We quickly assisted them. Yanni let out an impressive fireball while I created a sphere of darkness. We arranged ourselves after a quick chat of thank the heavens and Yanni teleported us back. What a terribly long day but at least one of the people I was worried about is back and appears to be living. Fatoxhxj had little to say about how they got there. I imagine he has some tricks that we should be wary of. Valeska I guess is somehow related to this city Fatoxhxj brought her to (not really giving any information regarding how he knows about the place) and met some of her distant family who I guess are shape changers or something like that. I will need to keep an eye on her and make sure nothing weird happened to her or Fatoxhxj. They appear to be acting the way I remember them. This may warranty a little caution.
While we were making plans, Judas, Mahntar, and Kurt showed up. Judas appeared to be doing a little bit better but was still unable to talk. Kurt explained they are interested in finding Tamil but he is also worried about talking to the Summoner. It turns out Judas kind of knows something about the Summoner. I guess Judas and the Summoner work for the same person. He said that the Summoner is leaving soon and if we want to talk to him we need to leave in the morning.
Mahntar was especially worried about his friend Fatoxhxj and asked rather bluntly about him. Yanni explained what happened and Mahntar seemed to accept the situation, however it was decided that Yanni use his scrying ability to find out anything on the condition of Fatoxhxj, Valeska, and also on Tamil. He came back explaining he could see nothing on either Fatoxhxj or Valeska. He did see Tamil being tortured by a priestly looking Drow female in a dungeon type setting. It appears that Tamil is slowly being killed and then brought back with healing and potions. Tamil somehow got into a very nasty situation. We may have time to save him before he really dies. I suspect Huban Weigan is behind all of this and we need to find out what we can immediately and get down to business if we want to save Tamil before he goes insane. Two pressing matters.
We decided to split into two groups. Yanni and the others would head out to the Summoner and I would work the town tomorrow for information on Huban Weigan. Kurt said he had some men he knows that should be able to help me. Sounded like a good idea since I might be on my own for a couple days.
Yanni and the others left the next day shortly after getting their ailments cured, thank the heavens! Now I can cleanse my sheets and the books that Jorlil slept on. No way do I want mummy rot! Yanni used a nifty spell called Phantom Steed to create very fast horses that need no food or water. We had used them before and they travel a great distance in a short time. I think they will be back quickly using those steeds and this is a great comfort to me since I think Tamil's time is running out although Savuud could be in the same situation. Who knows maybe Valeska is also. Bah! Too many things to worry about...
I met my two cohorts Silgen Blodg and Nitly Pleq. Silgen is the biggest looking brute I have seen in some time! He is massive, I mean huge but he has a very big sword so he might be making up for something?! And Nitly is an elf and appears to be something like a rogue. Might have to keep a sharp eye on him. We talked and got to know each other a bit. More about me then them. I might have told them a little too much but in this situation I have to trust Kurt would send people he trusts. I gave them the scoop on Tamil and they seem to be interested in helping so we went to work. It appears I have the skills to get information without threats, fists, or backstabbing so they were going to watch and hopefully learn a little. ack! I nearly forgot about the way I look. Most of my contacts won't even know who I am. So I had to basically disguise my self as Findel, I should probably fix that. No time now.
I managed to find out a lot about our friend. He appears to have become a little more paranoid since his death and that is making things more complicated. But I think we should be able to pull it off. Huban appears to have been some sort of adventurer and traveled to the UnderDark. He managed to make a few "friends" while he was there and now has some sort of connection with the Drow. This is bad news. He does go out but only on occasion and always with body guards. He goes to a couple gambling halls and frequents "The Pristine Swan" for food. I also managed to find out where his estate is located in Zhind. It appears that Silgen quickly became disinterested in my great skill of information gathering and managed to learn a little about drinking and a lot about drunk. Of all the places he ends up drinking at "the Flaming Faggot"?! To my surprise it doesn't seem to be very friendly towards women? Regardless, I shared my information with the others and gave them each 4pp to see what they can find out from their contacts.
We have a couple good ideas brewing. Silgen might be able to pose as a good body guard and get an inside track into the building complex. Nitly claims to be good at infiltration so we might if pressed go that route since the other one might take time to develop which we are short on.
Yanni returned to my lab using Teleport. Hmm.. Maybe that was a mistake letting him come to my lab... Ah well to late now. I guess the Summoner is leaving tonight to the place that Savuud is at! The others minus Judas are going to try to save him. Apparently the Plane of Fog is where he is at. Ravenloft. I don't know much about it but everything I do know is not good. One of the guys at the Summoner's place said they have to kill the leader/bad guy to get free of the plane. I guess Yanni isn't going since he can't teleport back. Hopefully, the others will make it back but I think it will not be at al easy. Good luck friends.
Yanni successfully used his crystal ball to see Fatoxhxj! Apparently, he is in big trouble! He was running on a beach in some tropical looking place and being chased by some sort of mutant humans?! Where the hell is he? We quickly decided we needed to try and save him but we have no way of getting there. I ran through my list of people I know from my guild and decided to approach Menlan. Since he is the best at transportation and someone I can trust somewhat. He won't be happy with me barging in but Yanni and I need to save Fatoxhxj if we want to know where Valeska is. It appears the map that Fatoxhxj gave Yanni is some sort of magical item. It appears to be some sort of crude drawing of a campsite but words appeared on it "Come soon to save us" our time was running out. We ran to Menlan and I explained my appearance and the situation and he agreed to help us. I had to lend him my necklace as a down payment on the scrolls for teleportation. The distance apparently is very great. How the hell did they get so far away!! ewh... What would I give for a normal life maybe some day....
So we popped into the campsite to discover Valeska and Fatoxhxj fighting off a large gaggle of monster looking humans. There was a moat around the campsite and something had fallen over the moat that was invisible and Fatoxhxj was holding them off. We quickly assisted them. Yanni let out an impressive fireball while I created a sphere of darkness. We arranged ourselves after a quick chat of thank the heavens and Yanni teleported us back. What a terribly long day but at least one of the people I was worried about is back and appears to be living. Fatoxhxj had little to say about how they got there. I imagine he has some tricks that we should be wary of. Valeska I guess is somehow related to this city Fatoxhxj brought her to (not really giving any information regarding how he knows about the place) and met some of her distant family who I guess are shape changers or something like that. I will need to keep an eye on her and make sure nothing weird happened to her or Fatoxhxj. They appear to be acting the way I remember them. This may warranty a little caution.